Monday–Friday from 4:45 PM–6:15 PM at Elbel Field on South Campus
* one weekly music sectional will be scheduled outside of class time by the section leader
Game-Day Rehearsal Schedule for Home Games:
Depending on kick-off times, we will rehearse as follows:
- Noon Game
- Flag/Percussion Sectionals: 6:00 AM–7:00 AM
- MMB Rehearsal: 7:00 AM–9:30 PM
- 3:30 PM Game
- Flag/Percussion Sectionals: 8:30 AM–9:30 AM
- MMB Rehearsal: 9:30 AM–12:00 PM
- 7:00 PM Game
- Flag/Percussion Sectionals: 11:30 AM–12:30 PM
- MMB Rehearsal: 12:30 PM–3:00 PM
- 8:00 PM Game
- Flag/Percussion Sectionals: 12:30 PM–1:30 PM
- MMB Rehearsal: 1:30 PM–4:00 PM
All rehearsals are curricular and attendance is graded.
Enrollment is required for all students.
Ann Arbor Campus students:
Please enroll in ENS 348.001 (2 credit class)* *If enrollment in section .001 will put you over 18 hours, with instructor approval and proof of conflict, you may register for section .002 (1 credit class.)
Dearborn and Flint Campus students:
Students attending UM Dearborn and UM Flint will register as a special student during the first week of classes. Please contact Maggie St. Clair (firstname.lastname@example.org) during band week to obtain the application that must be completed before you can enroll for MMB.
Attendance is required at all official MMB events (conflicts must be preapproved by Dr. Richard Frey (email@example.com).) These events include:
- Band Week
- Regular class time rehearsals and weekly sectionals
- Game Day rehearsals and performances
- Travel to away games if assigned to the Performance Block. Depending on the year, we travel to Notre Dame, Michigan State and Ohio State during the regular season.
- Travel to a Bowl Game (depending on season outcome) if assigned to the Performance Block
- Band-O-Rama Performance
The sound of the Michigan Marching Band depends upon a desired instrumentation. Following is a break-down of our yearly instrumentation: